You find yourself daydreaming about your dream vacation, a vacation you have been planning for months.
This vacation brings you joy and at the same time a bit of nervousness since you want it to go as smooth as possible. A good way to calm this feeling is by making a checklist that covers every single detail, but there is something that demands its own checklist, your suitcase!
Your suitcase really assures a good vacation and we know exactly what you need to include in it in order to enjoy this little paradise to its fullest. Meet Roatan is an eco-friendly company that promotes sustainable tourism so it is important for us to teach our clients to take care of our island as much as they can. Roatan definitely has a warm and loving environment so as soon as you land, we welcome you and encourage you to love and take care of our island as much as the island will take care of you. For this, we need to prepare some things before coming like buying two VERY important items; reef-safe SPF and biodegradable bug repellent.
Reef-safe SPF is definitely a crucial investment because we are sure that you want to enjoy our pristine beaches without a painful sunburn. Please remember that our beautiful island is home to thousands of marine species that we are trying to protect. On the other hand, those small creatures that buzz on our ears when we are trying to sleep are preying on our sweet blood so you can’t forget to bring a biodegradable bug repellent. Trust us when we tell you that you can’t forget this item because our lovely mosquitos can sense new flesh coming to town from miles away. If you are looking for the best reef-safe and biodegradable bug spray, you are in luck! Click here to check our amazon list
Now that we covered the two most important things, let’s dive into the other stuff that will make your trip as enjoyable and comfortable as it can be:
1. SPF Yes, we have already covered reef-safe SPF but we just want to make sure you are protecting yourself from UV rays and protecting our mesmerizing marine life.
2. Bug repellent Trust us when we tell you that our mosquitos can smell you from far away so you can’t forget to bring a biodegradable bug spray.
3. Tote bags Roatan is trying to be plastic free so we advise you to bring the cutest tote bag to help you transport delicious fruit to enjoy while taking in a bit of the warm sun.
4. Hats Hats double as a great accessory and sun protection so you can bring one from home or buy a locally made hat.
5. Camera Of course, you will like to remember this trip forever so you have to have a camera in hand at all times. We strongly advise a waterproof camera to capture every single moment.
6. Cash Our island accepts U.S dollars and lempiras and it is always useful to have cash. You will also find ATMs around the island if you ran out of cash. Tipping in Roatan is welcomed and please be sure that anything helps our hardworking locals.
7. Sunglasses Just like hats, they are a great accessory and also help us protect our eyesight from the powerful UV rays that grace our beaches.
8. Phone charger It’s always helpful to have a couple of phone chargers at hand especially if it’s your first time on the island. If you have a portable battery, it’s even better.
9. Good books Nothing seems better than a good read while you enjoy the warm sun so bring that book you have been putting off because of the lack of time in your schedule. If you are looking for good recommendations, we can also help you with that! check out book recommendation here
10. Memory stick or phone storage If you like to capture the beauty of things in a snapshot bring extra SD cards because we are sure you are going to need them.
The last thing you can’t forget are good vibes to ensure a life-changing trip! If you found this blog useful and would like to know more, leave it in the comments below. We can help you if you want to know more about our beautiful island and our services.